Hickey & Foster Real Estate is a proud supporter of the Realtors Political Action Committee (RPAC). This organization is active on a local, state and national level with the goal of advancing public policies and candidates that build strong communities, protect property interests and promote a vibrant business environment.
Through RPAC and the state-lead Government Affairs Committee, which includes our own Steven Foster, Realtors are involved in helping shape the landscape of legislative policies in Vermont.
Here is a breakdown of some of the proposed legislation that may affect your property:
- Changes to zoning bylaws that would allow for duplexes in any residential zone
- Changes to zoning bylaws that would require denser development in areas that are served by municipal sewer and water
- Changes to Act 250 including easing restrictions on development of 25 units or less
- Testimony given on the proposal to create a statewide registry of all rental properties
- Would require heating fuel providers to encourage improved winterization of homes